Tuesday, November 9, 2010

LIPPIE: Dior's Defiled Mauve

      I thought the name of this lipstick was funny if you pronounced it the way it is spelled on the box. I know you don't read it this way =_=. Translated, it becomes Catwalk Mauve. I used Dior lip products back in high school, at the time my favorite item were the Dior Addict glosses. Since I have been buying CHANEL lately, Dior has been put aside unfortunately. Dior glosses are no longer appealing to me, the new re-formulated ones last about 10 minutes on my lips. 
      I mentioned this product in one of my Favorites. The lipsticks are beautiful and with so many different colors in the permanent lines, you're bound to find one that you'll like. My favorite are the High Shines, the colors are so, so stunning and very easy to wear. High Shines give high shine (=_=) to the lips when applied. The pigmentation isn't the best but I really like the effect it gives so I can ignore the fact that it isn't as pigmented as say, a Rouge Coco from CHANEL. 
       The packaging is translucent unlike the regular Dior Addict lipstick which is blue. The colors that emit from the tube are positively psychedelic. Catwalk Mauve is not surprisingly, a mauve with pink and purple undertones in the tube. There are blue and pink shimmers mixed within but aren't noticeable on the lips because they are so fine.
       On my lips, the pigment does show up though so it's not completely sheer. It gives just enough color but packs a lot of shine which I do like. The lips look luscious and plump. What I like about these lipsticks the most is the fact that they do not dry my lips out nor do they make them peel. They are smooth, buttery and not gritty. It also feels very lightweight on the lips, I kind of forget that I have something on. They wear a decent amount of time, I'd say 2-3 hours depending on what you're doing with your mouth. That sounded dirty.

Product: Dior Addict High Shine lipstick - $31CAN

No comments:

Post a Comment