Friday, November 5, 2010

CHEEK: MAC Basque In The Sun

      A.k.a MAC Sunbasque. I was trying to think of a clever way to label this post, I think it was a mild success. Moving on. Sunbasque is a Sheertone Shimmer which is one of my favorite finishes and this particular color is permanent. It's a bronze with orange and peach tones. I dropped this by accident on a hard surface and a big chunk decided to break off. So I decided to crush the blush and decant into another container, which is depicted below:
      If you look closely at the photo above, you can pick out the golden shimmer within the blush. Sheertone Shimmers do not leave an obvious shimmer, it's subdued and very pretty on the skin. You can see the glow it imparts on my hand, which is around NC35. Sunbasque is a sister to Peachtwist, another Sheertone Shimmer. Peachtwist is a peach with brown tones, it doesn't have the orange hue that this blush has. Hm, maybe it was a good idea to swatch them beside each other. Oh well. 
Sunbasque: Swatched heavily on the L, lightly on the R.
       You can build the intensity of the color by layering but I don't do this since it will turn orange after it sets; I am quite warm. To avoid this, I usually layer a peach base underneath. You could also layer this with bronzer but I think it'll look muddy and too intense if you put on too much. Since the blush is now in mineral form from crushing, I do not need to use much to get color. It applies the same, feels the same, lasts the same. Crushing is also a great idea if you have hit pan on something and want to use the container as a Bac2Mac item right away.
      I prefer Peachtwist because it is easy to slap on and go knowing that it will not turn orange on my cheeks. Sunbasque is a blush that I have to be careful with but it really isn't that much of a detriment to me. 
      What's your favorite bronze/peach blush? 

Product: 1. MAC Powder Blush - $22CAN

No comments:

Post a Comment