Tuesday, November 16, 2010

LIPPIE: CHANEL Mademoiselle

      Mademoiselle was the first Rouge Coco I purchased when the line launched back in March. This is considered the 'chameleon' color, it is going to look different on everyone. And it really does. I have seen this on fair,medium and dark skin tones and it looks beautiful on all. I also love the name of this shade. It screams "Coco Chanel", if the icon were still around I am sure she would have this in her purse at all times.  
In the tube, Mademoiselle is more brown than pink. On my lips, it turns a very stunning shade of rose-pink. It looks very natural, it is a color you can wear to the office but also for an evening out. It is very pigmented, I only need 1-2 swipes for medium coverage. In the swatch below, I swiped it twice. The gloss next to it is the Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Insolence which was featured in my previous post. Rouge Cocos wear well, I'd say 4 hours for me.   
       This is also supposed to be hydrating and while I find that it does not dry my lips out, it doesn't really add much moisture either. The formula is silky smooth but it is a little 'harder' than the Rouge Allures. My guess for this is that because Rouge Allures all have a shinier finish, the density of the lipstick itself is not as dense as the Rouge Coco. The richer the pigment, the higher the density(?). Like I said, just a guess. However, I have noticed a change in the formula with the lipsticks from the Fall and Holiday collections. They are much creamier and softer in texture. I am talking about: Chintz, Rose Dentelle, Magnolia* and Patchouli* (* denotes limited edition). These four shades are also some of the lighter colors in the line which is dominated by rich reds, browns and oranges.
      Of course, I cannot leave out the CHANEL click that this lipstick has. I would show it to you...but it's impossible to show you a sound in blogger =). You are just going to have to purchase one for yourself! Also, if you have not seen the previews for the Spring 2011 and Summer 2011 collections, Google them and you will see that there are a ton of new lip shades and Glossimers to be had. I expect the Spring collection to be at counters mid-December.

Product: CHANEL Rouge Coco - $38CAN

No comments:

Post a Comment