Wednesday, November 3, 2010

CHEEK: Orgasm In A Tube

      I was in Sephora this past weekend and I noticed that the Orgasm Illuminator tester was still MIA. The same SA was there again today and she recognized me immediately, and told me that she would be right back. A few minutes later (I was sniffing every single Philosophy bottle I could find, they smell luscious. Especially Cinnamon Buns, I wanted to devour my hands...) she came back and presented me with this:
NARS Orgasm Illuminator
       She apologized for not having it the last time I was in, so she gave me a VERY generous sample! She was so, so sweet and I couldn't thank her enough! It may not look like much in the pic above but this tub is bigger than a MAC sample jar. It was so full that it wouldn't even close properly so I had to clean some of it off.
The shimmer particles are apparent here.
       Orgasm and Super Orgasm are very well known but they both do not appeal to me at all. This product came out about a year or so ago and I've been meaning to try it. I don't usually wear highlighting products on my face because a) my blush does that for me, b) my cheeks have a natural sheen to them because of my combination skin or c) they're too frosty. I was worried that this would make me look even more oily but nonetheless I wanted to try it out. It is a peachy-pink, much less pink than the Orgasm blush.
My hand: NC 35-40 for reference. ~80% blended out.
       My face is lighter than the rest of my body, I am around NC30 on my face. You can see in the first photo that it really isn't apparent but in the second photo I shifted my hand so that natural light would hit it. The texture is very thin, almost watery. It dries very quickly and leaves a very natural glow to the skin. I use this on my cheekbones on top of my blush (it can be used underneath as well). When I say natural, I mean natural. 
      My skin tone is almost the same shade so this blended right in, and I can't tell that it's there unless it hits artificial or natural lighting. I prefer a natural effect, often times I find that a lot of highlighters are either too pink or too frosty for my skin. I think it's important that the highlighter matches your skin tone. It's a very, very subtle fine shimmer that lasted all afternoon. I use my fingers to apply and blend.
      I don't have very noticeable pores on my cheeks so I can't say how this would fare if you had larger pores in this area. 
       You can mix this into your foundation for added glow or into some body lotion for an allover subtle shimmer. This would look very pretty as an eyeshadow but I'm not sure if it's eye safe. It's versatile enough so you don't have to limit it to one use. I also wanted to mention that a little goes a long way, you don't want to slap this on heavily otherwise I think it'll be too frosty looking. I am still tan from the summer so this product compliments it very nicely. In the Winter, this would be lovely as a warm highlight. 
      Overall, I am very impressed with this product. If you're looking for an obvious or strong highlighter, this isn't it. It's too sheer. If you are looking for a natural skin enhancer, this may be a product you want to check out. The sample size will last me forever so I won't be purchasing the full size anytime soon. I will once it runs out. The full size is a whopping 1.1oz, considering how little you need the amount you get is amazing ^_^. If you've tried it, what are your thoughts? 

Product: 1. NARS Orgasm Illuminator - $36CAN; 2. Sample - $Free

No comments:

Post a Comment