Thursday, October 14, 2010

LIPPIE: Rose Lace

      Yes, yes - yet another Chanel lippie. Sorry, can't help it ^_^. Along with the Glossimers that I bought from the Fall 2010 collection, I also purchased Rose Dentelle Rouge Coco. I believe the word 'dentelle' translates to lace in English but forgive me if I'm wrong. This lipstick is a beautiful color, it's quite neutral and is a rose with very fine shimmers in it. Chanel does shimmer exceptionally well and I've noticed that for the past couple collections including the Winter one coming up, shimmer is apparent in many of the products. I digress, there was also another shade called Chintz but that color was a little too peach toned for my liking even though I am warm. 
       On my medium pigmented lips though, this color is surprisingly cool. This happens to me a lot with pinks, even if the shade isn't too cool my skin tone still manages to pull out all the cool coloring in it thereby making it more blue based. I have started to purchase much warmer shades but I still love pinks =D. For reference, I am an NC35-40 depending on the season.
      As with all Rouge Cocos, it is smooth and pigmented while being comfortable at the same time. I do find that this particular shade and Chintz are much creamier than the ones that are in the original lineup. Both shades are permanent additions to the line as well, which I appreciate. I like wearing this alone but it looks even better with the Glossimer in Rose Dilemma on top. Together, they are *stunning*. If you are a fan of pinks, do check this one out. 
      Eventually, I will go back to try Chintz on and see how it is on my lips, so I may have a post for it in the future!  

Product: 1. CHANEL Rouge Coco - $38CAN

No comments:

Post a Comment