Monday, October 18, 2010

CHEEK: My Blush Brush

      Well, so much for an original title. I would like to share with you my favorite blush brush, the MAC 116. I know MAC also has the 129 and 131 brushes but this one is the best for me. I despise 'duo-fibre' or 'stippling' brushes because they just don't pick up enough product for my face. I have also tried the Dior Blush brush but that one was way too large for my liking. I have prominent cheekbones and this brush has the perfect amount of surface area when it comes to applying product. It's dense but not too dense, so it will work for sheer and pigmented blushes. I actually use this brush with pigments as well when I want to wear them on my cheeks. 
        I have noticed that this is a very soft brush, that is when you use it on the flat surfaces. If you try to apply using the very tips of the brush it actually kind of hurts to be honest. I'm assuming it is due to the way the little hairs are cut. I have no problems during washing and cleaning, it does not shed on me and it maintains the shape very well if you use this trick. dustyohunter has been mentioned before and if you still haven't checked his page out, definitely do so because he has great tips and tricks! 
       I have also used this as a highlighting brush and it works great! It is efficient at depositing product and it does not leave any product behind. I would hate having to clean off extra product if it clung onto the hairs after each use. Used over a cream base, I had no problems with applying a powder blush on top. It blends everything together so well. I haven't tried this with a cream product alone, I am a little hesitant to just because I don't think it would be sturdy enough. I could be wrong. So, if you are looking for a starter blush brush I would recommend this one. It is great quality, I've had this for about four years now and it still looks brand new (minus the label wearing off). Just make sure to take care of it properly. 
The white overlay has worn off, whoops.

Product: 1. MAC 116 - $38.50CAN

No comments:

Post a Comment