Friday, October 29, 2010

LASH: Estee Lauder Mascaras

      If you are Asian, you can probably relate. My lashes are stubbornly straight and do not hold curl AT ALL. I haven't come across a mascara that has been able to hold a curl and I have tried many. As of now, I've just given up and honestly, I don't really care if my lashes hold curl or not. Although, curling makes a big difference to the eyes! My favorite mascaras of all time belong to Estee Lauder, Sumptuous and Double Wear. I have mentioned CHANEL Inimitable before but I have run out and have yet to re-purchase so it won't be featured until I do. I have the full-sized versions of these but I don't want to open them before I use up all these sample sized ones. The quality is my opinion is the same in both full-sized and sample size.
       Even though my lashes are stubborn, they aren't too sparse or short. For some strange reason though, the lashes on my right eye are shorter than my left, which are a great length. WTF. It bothers me to no end, so I try to compensate by applying a second coat to the right eye =_='. I forgot to capture a shot of the Estee Lauder Lash Primer Plus, which I use prior to any mascara. It creates a nice base and really lengthens the lashes. I always use two, I apply a volume boosting mascara and then a lengthening one. 
Top: Double Wear, Bottom: Sumptuous.
       You can see the differences in the brush, Double Wear is less wide and the bristles are thinner compared to the Sumptuous. Both of these brushes grab onto my lashes very well and application is a breeze. They don't clump even after two coats and my lashes feel conditioned and soft, not hard and crunchy. The composition of these two are not thick, they have the perfect consistency. Most importantly, they do not smudge even in humid weather and heat (on me anyways). I have heard that if you have a hard time holding a curl, you should use a waterproof version but I really don't care for waterproof mascaras. 
      The effect is noticeable and I hoped to capture a before and after pic but the weather and lighting are just not co-operating. It's been cloudy and rainy for the past week. It's Halloween weekend, so I am going to gorge myself with candy. In moderation, of course. 
      HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 
 Products: 1. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Lifting Mascara - $23.50CAN; 2. Estee Lauder Double Wear Lengthening Mascara - $23.50CAN.  

No comments:

Post a Comment