Tuesday, October 12, 2010

LIPPIE: Revlon

    I'll be honest, I've never been much of a fan of drugstore items just because I am weary of what I put on my face. I noticed that many bloggers started reviewing Revlon's Super Lustrous and Colorburst Lipstick lines a while back, so I decided to give them a go. From all the reviews I've read so far on the Web and MakeupAlley, I have come to the conclusion that Revlon makes some of the best lip products available in the drugstore. First up are the Super Lustrous lip glosses:
 L to R: Pink Pop, Shine That Pink, Life's A Peach, Pearl Plum
    I currently have four, the other shades just really didn't appeal to me very much. Pink Pop was from the Summer 2010 collection and the shades within this collection were extremely popular. I don't know if they've made them permanent. It has a cream finish and gives a nice pop of pink (=_=' lol) to the lips. It reminds me very much of the Chanel Extrait de Gloss in Insolence. Shine That Pink is a medium rose-pink and has very fine pink shimmer. It's not as opaque as Pink Pop but still gives me some color. Life's A Peach has the same sort of finish as Shine That Pink, it's a great peach. Pearl Plum is dazzling in the tube, it has multi-colored shimmer and is quite opaque. 
      As for the texture and wear, in my opinion these are the drugstore equivalent of the Chanel Glossimers. I'm not saying they're dupes, I'm saying that the gel-like consistency is similar. It has the same squishy feeling. They aren't gritty (although Pearl Plum is slightly gritty). These do not last as long on my lips though, I'd say about 2 hours. They do however dry out my lips after the first hour which is a shame because the colors are nice. I purchased these from PharmaPlus when they had their lip product sale, I paid $3.99CAN while the original price is around $8CAN-$10.99 depending on where you go. I highly recommend these to anyone!
     Onto the Colorburst lipsticks:
   L to R: Peach, Mauve, Rosy Nude
   These took forever to launch in Canada and when they finally did, it was also during Rexall's sale so I scored these for only $3.99CAN as well. These are great lipsticks because they are smooth and creamy without being too drying. My lips do get dry and start peeling after a couple hours of wear but I would just take it off and re-apply. The only problem though, which annoys the crap out of me, is that after repeated use some of the colors end up like this: 
   Seriously, come on. I do not have this problem with lipsticks from Chanel, Dior or Guerlain and they are all equally as creamy. I don't even use that much pressure! The picture is deceiving because the Peach and Rosy Nude have actually broken off the base. Strangely enough, Mauve is completely fine...for now. 
   Peach is...well a peach with subtle shimmer in it. You can't really see them once it is on the lips. Mauve is a rose-mauve however this runs more purple on my lips. Rosy Nude is my favorite and it's a shame that it is in such condition! It's a beautiful rose-brown and I adore it. These aren't fully opaque, for the swatches below I had to swipe about 4x to get the color. 
   Overall, Revlon makes lovely lippies and I will purchase more shades if I find some that I like. However, I would not pay full price for these especially if the above happens to most of them. I'm sure in the States there are BOGO sales happening frequently so if you're interested, keep an eye out for them = ). Thanks for reading! 
EDIT: Yeah...about the Mauve. It broke the night of this post, *le sigh*. I won't be buying anymore.

Products: 1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - $3.99-$10.99CAN; 2. Revlon Colorburst Lipstick - $3.99-$10.99CAN.  

No comments:

Post a Comment