Wednesday, September 29, 2010

LIPPIE: Tubes of Goodness

      I love CHANEL Glossimers, this is no secret. Since my last post on these I have acquired a few more and have put them together into one pretty group. I'm still impatiently waiting for the Holiday collection to arrive, hopefully they will be in this Friday! The group shot below was taken during daylight in front of a window; it was very cloudy so the shimmers aren't reading on the screen. The shades however are quite accurate, I'd say ~98%. 

From left to right in ascending numerical order: 
Astral (104) - This is one of my favorites. The base looks pink however on the lips it goes on clear and the gorgeous pink shimmer is what makes this shade so lovely. It adds depth to any lipstick - especially over light pinks. 
Wild Rose (119) - I walked into my CHANEL counter one day and saw this shade which I've never even seen the tester for. I was excited. This is a popular one and I know I said I was planning on purchasing the Glossimer Duo but the other shade, Muscat, is not one I would use that often. Actually now that I think about it, I wanted to purchase it solely because I didn't see my CHANEL counter offering Wild Rose at the time. Wild Rose is a beautiful deepened rose-mauve with silver and lilac shimmer. I like wearing this one alone.
Venus (124) - Another favorite of mine. This is very pigmented and shows in the tube as a bright fucshia loaded with fucshia and pink shimmer. On the lips it's a lovely shade of pink, gives just enough color to brighten up the face. 
Silex (126) - This is also very pigmented as well. The base is a peach-coral loaded with pink and gold shimmers. I love layering this over a pink lipstick because it really brings out the pink tones in this gloss. The result is a very, very pretty pink with a touch of peach. The shimmers in this one are quite intense though!
Mica (131) - Mica is a cult favorite and I can see why. It is a very light baby pink with silver and blue shimmers. I have medium pigmented lips and this mutes out the color of them but not to the point where I look dead. 
Mirage (132) - Mirage is a deep purple based mauve with blue shimmers, this one is perfect for days where I am wearing deeper toned blushes. The monochromatic look is one that I love doing - where I will use a similar toned blush to match the lips. 
Pink Teaser (142) - This is what I would call a true medium rose-pink, one with gold and pink shimmers scattered throughout. Out of the four Glossimers from the Fall 2010 collection, this one is the most pigmented. 
Rose Dilemma (144) - Deeper than Mica, I still consider this color a light pink because it is light on my lips. The silver shimmer adds a nice shine and is very natural looking on the lips. For those who like doing smokey looks, this is the perfect touch. 
Coral Love (146) - A peachy coral and not as intense as Silex, this is a peach toned coral with gold and pink shimmers. Very nice. 
Pop (427) - A favorite. I mentioned this in my September favorites, perfect for the days where I'm not wearing any make-up or want something with very minimal color. It is sheer however it gives off a "just-ate-a-popsicle" look, very flattering.

      I realize that I gravitate towards the same shades and color families, I'd rather purchase something I know I would use instead of a color I normally wouldn't use. I don't have "favorites" per se as I love them all! Hope this post was interesting! Thanks for stopping by =D.

Product: 1. CHANEL Glossimer - $31CAN 

No comments:

Post a Comment