Thursday, September 9, 2010

TAG: 2 For 1 Deal!

I think I may have enjoyed the previous tag a little too much as I am going to follow up with the "Top 5 Pet Peeve" tag. The free dictionary definition of a pet peeve is: 
 'pet peeve'  n. Informal Something about which one frequently complains; a particular personal vexation. courtesy of freedictionary.com
 This word is often synonymous with the word 'annoyance'. Believe me, I have plenty. 

1. This has to be my number one: people who overuse the word "like", "um" and "i don't know" when trying to explain something. Unless you're actively writing an essay about metaphors, why oh why must you keep using the word "like"? In high school every other word coming out of someone's mouth was a) either one of the above, b) a combination or c) all damn three. It still peeves me to this day as I hear at least one person talk this way daily!

2. Women who carry their dogs as if they were accessories. I remember seeing a picture of Paris Hilton do it...then all the sudden everyone started doing it. I went shopping at the mall one day and I saw this woman with her TINY dog stuffed inside her purse as if it was natural. Right. They have legs for a reason. I love dogs don't get me wrong; but they're not human. Stop treating them like mere objects/decoration. It looks stupid.

3. I don't mind public displays of affection, however I find that this is popping up even in the younger generation nowadays. I must be getting old. It's natural to hold hands, hug and kiss each other sweetly but if you're practically molesting each other IN A PUBLIC AREA, please continue your activities elsewhere. Unless you're an exhibitionist. And for the record: I'm not bitter, I have a boyfriend of 4 years =_='.

4. Bugs that bite you. I don't know what it is about my skin but bugs LOVE me. Summer is hell for me because even if I hose myself down with bug repellent and wear long pants, the little sh*** still get me. I have sensitive skin as well and they take forever to go away. Don't they realize that I can squish them with my finger and kill them? Why must you bite? 

5. Facebook. Don't even get me started on this whole social networking thing. I get it, people want to keep in touch and share their thoughts, pictures etc. However, when people start saying things like "I gotta update my status!" or "I need to Facebook this!" it irritates the hell out of me. 90% of the time it's completely unimportant information and do I really need to know what you're eating or showering? I feel like a stalker every time the freakin' front page loads. 

There you have it! I know I sound angst-y but really I'm sure you can relate to some of these too! I have plenty more...maybe I should start doing a daily pet peeve post. I'll think about it. Thanks for reading! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment