Monday, December 6, 2010

CHEEK: MUFE HD Blush #5 - Nip Slip

     I've been slacking, I know. I think posting everyday last month was extreme, so I've decided to slow down this month. I wanted to start my posts on the Make Up For Ever High Definition Blush, which I am smitten about. In my November favorites, Nip Slip (#5) was my pick. 
 I created my own labels, since Sephora's sample containers do not have a label on the bottom.
     On Sephora's website, this is described as a 'neutral pink'. On MUFE's website though, the blushers do not have names, just numbers. Nip Slip is a very flattering shade on my NC30 skin, and I think this is suitable for all skin tones. The texture is creamy, but once you start to work it into the skin, it becomes quite thin. 
     For me, I like to use my (clean, of course) fingers to apply because it blends in very well when it comes in contact with the warmth from my finger. It sets fairly quickly, so you do have to move a little quicker than you normally would. It dries to a clean finish,  but some are matte and some have VERY fine micro-shimmer in them. Nip Slip is one of those. It's not oily and the result is superbly natural. My cheeks can be slightly dry or slightly oily, but this applies effortlessly each and every time.
      Please don't mind my atrocious nail in the photo above =). I don't wear foundation so I can't tell you how this applies over a base. I do use moisturizer and this went on like a dream. Now, I'm sure you have heard about the fabled pigmentation of these blushers and let me tell you, they're true. I have product on my index finger in the shot and you can see how little product I have on there. Believe it or not, it is enough for BOTH cheeks. 
     I have blended it out onto my hands and you can see how natural the finish is. It is not powdery. I have used this alone and under powder blushers, both yield the same effect: it lasts alllll dayyyy longgg even without a powder to set. I do not see myself using up the sample sizes anytime soon, especially since the samples are so generous. 
    If you are looking for a cream-to-powder finish with extreme pigmentation, these are worth checking out. The only thing I see as being a potential problem is the application process. For those who are used to having more time to blend out product, this may be a little tricky for you. That and the stupid friggin' pump that it comes with (on the full-sized). 
    All the shades in the line I tested were very pigmented but some are even more pigmented than others. Just wait until you see #3 - Truth or Dare in tomorrow's post! 
Product: MUFE HD Blush - $29CAN

No comments:

Post a Comment