Monday, August 30, 2010

FAVORITES: It's That Time of the Month...

For some August favorites! I cannot believe it's August already, it seems like last week was the week where I said the same thing about July. Although it is a little different this time around, when students are heading back into school. I graduated this spring so I won't be heading back until I decide to go to grad school. Anyways, that's beside the point so without further ado...

1. Estee Lauder DayWear Plus SPF 15 - In the cute blue tub houses my holy grail daytime moisturizer. I decided to purchase this after hearing my mom rave about it (she swears by Estee Lauder) and I have nothing bad to say about it. I have been on the hunt for something with SPF in it, but everything I have tried drugstore wise broke me out. With this, I have not. It does what it is supposed to do, smells nice, does not feel greasy and keeps my skin glowing during the day. 

2. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex - Can you tell I'm a huge fan of Estee Lauder's skincare yet? I mentioned this in my Skincare post. The purpose of this is to repair damage that is already occurring and to prevent future damage from the environment (smoke,pollution etc.). I have been using it for the month and I have noticed that the tiny hyperpigmentation spots on my cheeks have diminished noticeably and my face is as smooth as a baby's bottom. I love this and I will keep purchasing, it is $93CAN I believe for 50mL.

3. CHANEL Rouge Allure Laque in Ming - This was the first Laque I purchased. It is a gorgeous muted baby pink and runs cool on my lips. It is incredibly easy to wear and lasts for about 3 hours on my lips. I do not need to apply gloss since the formula delivers shine and color. Most importantly it is not drying! I have not yet been disappointed with CHANEL products as the quality is just superb.

4. Dior Addict Hi-Shine Lipstick in Catwalk Mauve - I wanted to try Dior's Hi-Shine line and I chose this color, a pink-mauve with blue shimmers. The shimmers are subtle but add that extra sparkle and shine to the lips, making them look full. The formula is smooth but the color payoff is meant to be on the sheer side. I don't mind as I use this on the days I am wearing no makeup at all just to pull everything together. The result is very natural. 

5. MAC Pigment in Magenta Madness - When I have a pigment, my intention is to wear it as a blush since I don't wear eyeshadow. This was released as a neon pigment which is now available at counters in the new and smaller jars. The color is shocking, a neon pink-magenta. However, when applied onto the cheeks it gives such a nice pink wash. It's actually quite natural looking, and I love the effect it gives. I use the MAC 116 blush brush.

These are the products I have been loving for the month of August and I am excited for the rest of the fall collections to come out here in Canada. I am impatiently waiting for Lancome's La Rose Deco powder from the French Coquettes collection. I am expecting lots of gorgeous products in September! What are your August favorites =D? Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment