Tuesday, August 3, 2010

FAVORITES: July

Can you believe it's August already? I am sort of over summer right now and I want winter to come (when that time comes I'll be saying I want summer)! Today I just wanted to share a few favorites with you, all of which I have used during the month of July. So here goes:

1. MAC Marine Life Hightlight Powder - When this product first came out it was so ridiculously overhyped and overrated. I didn't care for the ugly gold overspray or the fact that it had a seahorse on it. What I bought it for was the color. This is what I wanted Ripe Peach to be on my cheeks. It gives me a coral flush to the cheeks, but it's a coral that runs more pink on me. It applies smoothly and evenly and is extremely flattering. 

2. MAC See Sheer Lipstick - I have many lipsticks by MAC and I love collecting them. This color is from the permanent line and is a color that is very underrated in my opinion. It is a lustre formula which is one of my favorites. The color looks to be a deep coral-red in the tube but on my medium pigmented lips it comes across as a very beautiful pink. It's great for summer but I feel as though I'll be reaching for this when the weather cools down as well. 

3. Korres Lip Butter in Quince - I have also hit pan on this product since I have been using it ever since I purchased it a year ago. The tub is never-ending and I've been using it everyday morning and night, so it is a good investment. The texture is very soft and silky and it gives my lips a very pretty rose tint. I wish this had SPF in it though for the times I just want to wear this throughout the day. 

4. Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in Super - The last of my favorites is from Chanel's summer collection 'Les Pop-Up de Chanel'. I love the texture and consistency of the Rouge Allures; they are lightweight and do not dry out my lips. This color is much more pigmented than the regular RA, it is a very bright pink with a hint of blue. The way I wear it is to apply a thin layer of lip balm first and then dab the lipstick on top to sheer it out. 

   So there they are! I am sorry for the lack of pictures but I hope to start posting some as soon as I find a suitable camera that I like. Have a great week and thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment