Friday, August 20, 2010

ABOUT: A Wee Introduction...Redux

The purpose of this blog is to act as a reservoir, to share my ideas and thoughts on beauty. However, I like to read about the person behind the blog as well. I understand that some people may not read blogs to hear about people's hobbies and activities outside of blogging but there may be some who do. 

I have many hobbies, but one of the things I love doing is reading manga and watching anime. If you do not know what manga is, it is basically the Japanese equivalent of comics here in America. There is also a Korean version of manga available as well called 'manwha'. Most (if not all) of the manga I have read is in black and white, with the occasional special edition chapter being colored. It is read from right to left, the opposite of how a book is normally read. When I was a child, my favorite anime was Sailor Moon and Dragonball. Yes, I thought they were the bomb at the time (and I still do). I have read countless manga series and watched many anime series in the past few years and I am always searching for a new series to read/watch. Along the way I have picked up on enough Japanese to get me by if I ever decided to travel there, lol.

I guess you could say I am slightly obsessed with Japanese culture as well. I find it quite fascinating and beautiful. Some of the best video games were developed in Japan as well (Final Fantasy anyone? My personal favorite!). However, at the same time some of the things they come up with are - for a lack of a better word - screwed up. Case in point.

So, if you're reading this you may think this was the most pointless entry ever but I thought I'd share anyways = ). What are your hobbies and/or interests? 

No comments:

Post a Comment