Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MAKEUP: Daily Face

I mentioned in my first post that I do not wear foundation or eyeshadow. I have never really been interested in them and I favor a natural look when it comes to makeup. I'm not saying you can't look natural with foundation or eyeshadow, this is just my preference. Also, I do not like the feeling of having stuff on my face. I am active and I am on the go all the time, the last thing I want to worry about is having my face sliding off. My daily routine takes no more than 5 minutes max:

1. Concealer - After priming with MAC Fast Response Eye Cream, I apply MAC Select Cover-Up in NW25. I don't have puffiness but I do have darkness under my eyes. I only use a TINY (and I mean tiny) amount of this product, a little goes a long way. I pat this into my skin and then I move on.


2. Blush - My blush changes daily since I try to rotate them all. One of my favorites though is by MAC in the color Breezy. It's a gorgeous deep raspberry plum, infused with very subtle gold shimmer. I apply this using a MAC 116 blush brush.

3. Lips - At this point, my lips would be moisturized prior to applying any lip product. My lipstick of choice depends on the color of blush I am wearing for that day. Choosing a shade of lipstick in the same family as the blush creates a cohesive and natural look in my opinion. If I don't feel like using lipstick that day I would just use a lip balm. 

 4. Mascara - This step is optional for me, sometimes I wear it sometimes I don't. When I do choose to wear it though, I am a fan of using more than one mascara. My favorite combination is Cover Girl's Lash Blast Luxe in Emerald Black for volume at the base of my lashes, then Estee Lauder's Double Wear for length. 

As you can see, my routine is simple but it works for me. By no means do I have perfect skin, I would probably look better if I did use something. However, I like having my imperfections show through and it allows my skin to breathe throughout the day. I hope you enjoyed this post and as always, thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment