Friday, August 13, 2010

SKIN: Personal Routine

Wow, what a boring title. I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in over a week, I have just been busy with life and what not >_<. Today I would like to share my skin care routine with you as it may help some figure out products for themselves. I have never really been into skincare however for some reason this summer a lot of my free time is spent on researching about skin care and skin products. I am by no means an expert at skin care, there are many blogs and resources out there for that. I only know what works for me right now and hopefully it may help you.

I am Asian with a warm yellow-olive complexion (that sounds hideous!). I have combination/sensitive skin - which basically means I am oily in my T-zone, and I have delicate skin that flushes easily. When testing out products it takes about a week before I can tell whether or not there's a reaction. I don't have large pores, however I am prone to random breakouts sometimes - especially when the monthly friend comes >:( . I will break down my morning and night time routines:

Day:
1. After brushing my teeth and what not, I will cleanse my face. The cleaner of choice is Estee Lauder's Splash Away Foam Cleanser. 
2. A toner will balance the pH in my skin after cleansing so I choose to use Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean Fresh Balancing Lotion.
3. I have not yet found a moisturizer that has SPF in it that DOES NOT break me out. I have tried many and still no luck. I know it's bad, but currently I am just using Nivea Creme on my face. 
4. I apply an eye primer underneath my eyes, my favorite is MAC's Fast Response Eye Cream. 
5. In the summer, I like to apply a tiny amount of MAC's Skin Refined Zone to my T-zone to keep oil at bay.

Night
1. I will repeat Steps 1 + 2 from above.
2. I then use an OxyPad with 2% Salicylic Acid all over my face (this stuff is great, strong but great).
3. Using Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Concentrate I apply only a couple drops to my entire face. This stuff is expensive but lasts a long time and is worth it.
4. I then use 40 Carrots Retinol Rich Eye Gel underneath my eyes, I gently pat it in. 
5. Lastly I use 40 Carrots Retinol Rich Sleep Cream.

Whew! I know it seems like a poop load of stuff but I find that this is working for me so far. My skin has never looked better. I am only 22 but I'd rather take preventative measures now than trying to reverse them later on in my life. Lastly, I want to end by saying the number one most important thing you can do for your skin: DRINK WATER! I cannot stress this enough, I have always been a habitual H20 drinker which I believe has contributed to my skin. Ok, this post is way too long already. I'll stop here. 

Thanks for reading!!! = )

P.S. I just came back from watching The Expendables tonight with the bf. 
P.S.S. It was awesomely kick-ass and epic...go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment