Monday, January 10, 2011

LIPPIE: Revlon Super Lustrous - Rose Velvet

   I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! The Body Shop and Bath & Body Works still has their crazy sale going on, so I stocked up on some items =). Today, I wanted to share with you another lippie favorite. 
   I still believe that Revlon makes the best lip products when it comes to the drugstore. My very first Revlons were from the Super Lustrous lipstick line. In my opinion, the SL Creme formula beats the living hell out of the Colorburst formula. I mean, major beatdown. They are creamy, smooth and do not skimp on pigment. 
   The SL lipsticks come in three finishes: Creme, I forget and I forget. I don't care much for the other ones. Rose Velvet is beautiful:
In sunlight, you can see the pink tone this lipstick has.
  I describe this shade as a brown based pink-rose. On my lips, it goes on true to color and is another "my-lips-but-better" for me. It has a slight sheen as you can see in the swatches, and if I were to compare this to a finish within the inventory of MAC, it would be the Amplified. This is less drying than the Colorburst lipsticks, but I still wear a balm underneath. Again, 3-4 hours of wear is expected and you can find these at any drugstore. I purchased mine for $2.99 when Shoppers Drug Mart was having a sale last summer. 
  If you do not wear lipstick but want to, this is a product that you can experiment with and not have to invest too much money as it is relatively inexpensive. 
Product: Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick - $7.99-10.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment